About

computerman.gifI’m a Professor of English at Hostos Community College, where I’ve worked since 2004 (I used to temp at John Jay). I have a B.A. in The Writing Seminars from The Johns Hopkins University and a Ph.D. in English (with a concentration in Creative Writing) from the University of Utah. I write fiction and creative nonfiction, read about film, music, and the gothic, and have a special fondness for early and antebellum American literature. I live in the downstate part of upstate with partner, cats, dogs, and chickens. I can see Yankee Stadium from my office window, but I’d much rather be able to see the American Museum of Natural History. My turn-ons include, but are hardly limited to: sunflowers, coffee, leeks, rainbow cookies, hockey, Naomi Klein, Orion. I live in a perpetually overexcited state of hyperstimulation. Blake: “If the fool would persist in his folly he would become wise.” Fingers crossed! Blake: “Drive your cart and your plow over the bones of the dead.” In process!

3 thoughts on “About

1. Jon

Happy May Day. Delighted to find your metallic link to the CUNY Commons.

Keep up the blog!

2. Dave Snell

Hey man, as the guy with the “VERY METAL” cap it was nice to meet you. The Ferals say hi.